Enjoy this next podcast episode with Shay Stone. You will love her sincerity, creativity and belief that being better than our own selves every day is a recipe for success, and ensures continuous progress, growth and fulfillment in our lives.
Shay is an Author, Life Coach, and Animator at Walt Disney Animation Studios. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Computer Animation at Full Sail University and has been working, professionally, in the film, television and game industry for over 11 years. In the animation industry, Shay is known for her intangible acting skills which relate to her lifetime obsession with human behavior and psychology.
You can find her here:
Here are her key takeaways:
- A lot of people confuse their career with their purpose. They believe that just because what they’ve been doing for a long time they have to continue to do that. The reality is you can always start over.
- We navigate around the things we’re afraid of, we try and suppress our feelings. We try to do anything we can to stay in this comfort zone while also pretending that we are making moves.
- The moment you activate the thought of competing with someone else, you’ve already lost….now your focus has shifted. Be your own competitor! Raise the level of competition within yourself.
- The biggest thing as far as overcoming this constant comparison and not being able to be with ourselves because we are constantly looking for validation is to rediscover who we are. We are all very unique beings and we are all here to serve a different purpose.
- Anxiety is “I don’t know what’s out there, and I’m scared to find out” versus curiosity is – “I don’t know what’s out there, but I’m going to find out!”
- When we talk about the things you want to manifest in your life and putting all of your energy towards what you want – forget about putting all your energy to the things you don’t want!
- Reverse imagineering is creating a picture and use it as a blueprint. Paint that picture and make it your reality!
- Once you put one foot in front of the other its like a video game. Every time you take a step, more of the things illuminate in front of you. You see more and more and then you can figure out where you want to go.
- if you can find something where you’re operating at with your passion and your purpose – you’re operating at the peak of existence at that point!
Schedule a free 30 minute discovery call with Kavita here. As a certified Core Energy and Midlife Transition Coach, Kavita has a wealth of experience and will work with you to help you gain the confidence to find fulfillment in your life moving forward – whatever that means for you.
Join our 1st transformational group coaching session of the year: “It’s My time now”.Starting on March 22nd, join a small group of woman in this comprehensive online and group coaching program which will lead you from confusion to clarity on your life’s callings.
As a special gift to you for being a loyal listener, connect with me with your name and the phrase, “Your podcast listener” to receive 20% off our first group session of the year. You will receive one complimentary hour of private coaching with me.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule afree 30 minute call.