I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with Sara Arnell, and I’m sure you will as well. Sara offers a look into her personal struggles and how we can all learn from her story. She explains how lobster moments or moments of crisis and triggers can be the turning point for transition, and that we all have the power to “take off our robes, and lose the trappings of what we think defines us”
Sara is a former advertising CEO, author and professor at The New School’s Parsons School of Design. Her thirty-year career in fashion, writing, and advertising broke new ground, winning awards and global recognition for her work and its clients. In her new book, There Will Be Lobster: Memoir of a Midlife Crisis, Sara offers a look into her personal struggles and how it took a rogue lobster, dying rock star, an eighteen-pound tumor, a meditation guru, a famous medium, and a former monk to put her on the path towards light, hope, and healing. It is Sara’s hope that anyone who reads this book is given the hope that they too can rise back up, no matter how far they think they have fallen.
She can be found here:
Here are her key takeaways:
- There is no shame in midlife changes just self-empowerment, if you can face it and get the kind of help that you need.
- You have to care for yourself as much as you care for everyone around you, and it’s not self-indulgent.
- The idea of living a life of service either towards your own dreams and goals or towards helping someone else’s is how happiness starts to bubble up
- Change starts inside with how you look at the outside world and how you see yourself living in that world, not trying to grab things from outside to see if they make you happy. It’s the other way around
- We all have moments where we are going through life and something just stops us in our tracks and it makes us realize this can’t go on anymore- when we realize we need to make a change
- We can all start over! Who wrote the rule that says we can’t?
- Make sure that nobody again in your life can ever say to you, “I never knew that” because if that’s what people are telling you, you are keeping too much to yourself. You want people to be able to say, “I know, and I’m here for you”
If you need help to access your true inner power and purpose moving forward, watch this free mini training with the accompanying workbook, where Kavita goes through Level 1 of the Pyramid of Reinvention: Rediscovering Yourself: https://learn.powerpurposeplay.ca/midlife-rediscovery-mini-training/
If you have any questions, book a free 15 minute consultation call with Kavita at: https://calendly.com/powerpurposeplay/15min?month=2021-10
If you are ready to dive into our comprehensive course called, “It’s My Time Now: How to Rediscover Yourself in Midlife” doors are NOW OPEN! Register here at: https://learn.powerpurposeplay.ca/ and join our first session starting on October 18th, 2021!
Join our free community:
We can’t wait to see what you bring out into the world with your uniqueness and greatness. Join the movement of women in midlife who are saying – It’s my time now!