On this next interview with Kavita, Robin Joy Meyers discusses how she found her voice and Joy as an adult. Now, as a Joy Architect, she is educating and empowering thousands of women all over the world to do the same.
With over 25 years of experience in the corporate and non-profit worlds, Robin
married her expertise as a molecular geneticist and the early death of her mother to understand the science of fear and now helps empower women to amplify their voice, embrace change and thrive through life’s transitions. She is an international speaker, talk show host and has spoken at renowned corporations and conferences.
Robin is the creator of the F.E.A.R. Method and author of “Alone, but Not Lonely: Reclaim Your Identity and Be Unapologetically You“. Her upcoming book “The Common Denominator” will be released in 2021.
Robin Joy’s TEDx talk “The Science of Loneliness and Isolation” has tens of thousands of views and is featured on ted.com.
You can find Robin here:
Here are the Key Takeaways from this episode:
- Fear is real. You have to really lean in and listen to it – it’s telling you something.
- If you have a message that can affect even one person, it’s your obligation to share it with the world.
- You always have a choice to take a chance to make a change.
- Change starts with saying to yourself “I’m just not comfortable with…you fill in the blank” If something is not sitting right with you, figure out what that is.
- When you look after yourself, you show up better for everybody else.
- You have to stop that negative talk with yourself – no one will give you that self worth but yourself.
- Self care is mandatory, it’s necessary, it’s not a luxury. Build a morning routine for you. Schedule your time in. Even if it’s 5 minutes.
- Start with 2 questions for the day 1) how do you want to feel? 2) what do you need to have happen for me today?
- Joy means to be truly authentic and unapologetic.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review. Share with your friends – it means the world to us!