Enjoy this next podcast episode with Karen Simpson, as it is sure to provide you with some food for thought on how you can climb your own personal mountain!
Karen wants everyone to become confident identifying and celebrating their awesome. Her career spans over 30 years as a certified HR leader, DEI expert, tech sales professional and, in 2019, she was awarded Canada’s #1 Recruiter. Most recently, Karen was President of Lean in Toronto leading a team of 30 who were passionate about helping women become unapologetically ambitious.
In her late 50’s she became an endurance athlete recognized as @karengeterdone onsocial media and has climbed the highest mountains in 9 countries, ran 5 marathons and hit the podium for her first duathlon. She is a cancer survivor and has completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer twice. As Karen says, “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
You can find Karen here:
Here are her Key Takeaways:
- Reinvention is an evolution and building upon what we already have that’s awesome.
- The things that got me to move forward were all of my strengths. All the things that I was using with other people, were the things I needed to direct to myself now.
- I look at our lives as simply a series of decisions we can make. Are we going to be proud of ourselves at the other side of that decision?
- I’m at the point where I walk into my fears and I ask myself 2 things – am I afraid or am I reacting to doubt?
- I think you really need to look at why you would be stopping yourself from doing something – step into it – what is the worst that could happen?
- I think we all need to train that little voice of doubt- every time we have doubt we need to start exercising this.
- If you do the right think I strongly believe it’s going to come right back to you. What’s the right thing for you to keep your confidence and move forward in a progressive and productive manner?
- There is never going to be a perfect moment, and sometimes we need to just believe in ourselves so much that we just do it.
- What we think of ourselves is the most important thing. And that’s what we need to protect. How do you build that faith in self, or love of self. It is by taking on things which are difficult – we should do hard things.
- Pay it forward – intentionally bring yourself to community to help others. I think we always need to be putting ourselves out in the community, and we need community as well.
Thank you for listening, and please share and review this podcast if you enjoy it. Remember, if you need help climbing that mountain – or for that matter – figuring out which mountain you even want to climb – reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise you a transformational breakthrough conversation which can lead to your best version of yourself for 2023 and beyond!
Book a complimentary coaching consultation with Kavita to learn about her transformational program, “It’s My Time Now”