The title of this podcast says it all, in that, I’m sure you will agree, Jill Lubinski really is the poster girl for becoming exactly the kind of person you wish you can be. With her major reinvention at the age of 60, Jill, now 77, is the happiest she has ever been. It was such a pleasure to learn from her on how, at any age, we can find internal peace and success. Her energy and enthusiasm for life is contagious, and it was an honour to have her on the show.
After more than 30 years in the corporate Fashion world in New York, Montreal & Vancouver, and, armed with in-depth experience in Global Marketing, Client Relations and the Art of Negotiation, at the tender age of 60, Jill decided to go back to school and learn how to be a Realtor.
She had just returned to her home town of Toronto after being away for over 40 years. She had travelled the Globe for business, worked on Seventh Ave in NYC for over 15 years, and decided it was time for a change. She wanted to be in charge of her own destiny and to be “of service” in some way. It turns out, she could not have been better prepared for her exceptionally rewarding career in Real Estate.
She is referred to as Toronto’s “house whisperer” and Jill continues to love her work as well as the people she serves
You can find Jill here:
Here are her key takeaways:
- When people believe in you – that is gas in your tank! Sometimes that is even more necessary than your own self confidence.
- Listening to the universe and looking for signs is something to be developed, and it helped me to dig deep inside and learn to lean in, be vulnerable, and to share.
- The universe is conspiring to provide for us every single day, we just have to be aware of it.
- The one thing I always understood is that there was no other me! There was only one me, and I was bringing the total me to the table
- Ageism is collective, it is generational, it is institutional, it is here to stay, at least in my generation. It is very embedded in the culture.
- The secret sauce to my 77 years is to fill your own tank first, and then you can look after everybody else
- If its not me whose going to look after me – who would, and who should? If its not me who loves me, who would and who should?
- When you love what you do with the people that you do it with – you do well!
- Do the things you need to do earlier than I did. It’s a work in progress, but become exactly the kind of person you wish you could be
We are excited that our comprehensive course called, “It’s My Time Now: How to Rediscover Yourself in Midlife” is NOW LIVE! Register here at: https://learn.powerpurposeplay.ca/ and start and learn at your own pace. Our group coaching will begin in the new year, but you can also have me as your personal coach guiding you through the process of rediscovering in private one on one sessions – contact me directly at email@example.com
Join our free community: