23 Apr Janet Omstead: On the Importance of Play
Enjoy this episode of The Midlife Reinvention, where Kavita Ahuja, founder of Power Purpose Play, talks about all things “Play” with Janet Omstead. Janet’s practical approach to health and wellness is especially important as we approach midlife. Her zest for life and play is evident, and something we should all try to learn from, and embrace.
Janet Omstead is a play expert, author and executive health coach who believes there is no one-size-fits-all for health and wellness outcomes. With over 20 years of experience in the health and wellness industry, Janet’s strength as a play expert lies in working with habit-based change behavior psychology, allowing individual and corporate clients to make sustainable progress towards optimal health. Ultimately, Janet helps her clients thrive through a “deep health” methodology. Most importantly, Janet guides people as they change their habits and have fun!
You can find Janet here:
Here are her key takeaways:
- The keys to sustainable health are nutrition, exercise or play, managing stress (mostly through better sleep) and maintaining that spice in your life!
- Being in midlife is the best chapter of our lives and its never too late to try something new
- Tap into what you loved to do as a kid – life is hard right now, and people need joy and fun, and you get that through play
- Functional movements are the things that you do everyday – like squats, push, pull, rotation – we need to keep practicing these 4 movements
- Practice the mind muscle connection – thinking about the muscles you’re using and why you are using them.
- The most overlooked thing is posture. It matters the most because it helps you open your airways and helps you breathe -more circulation also helps your brain.
- Change is possible, and life is worth playing for
- Small changes over time are like compound interest in your investment account – it all adds up! Slow and steady wins the race
- What is your Bare ass minimum – BAM? What is your TADA moment – not your To Do moment?
- What is your why? Ask yourself 5 times and you’ll get to the root cause. When you know that driving force, it makes it so much easier to show up
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review. Share with your friends – it means the world to us!
- Read Kavita’s latest article here: https://www.anokhilife.com/work-life-capturing-your-mid-life-magic-a-step-by-step-process-to-rediscovering-your-true-calling
- Sign up for our free community at: https://powerpurposeplay.ca/contact-us/
- Join our private Facebook Group, Power Purpose Play Global: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345142570007158
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/power.purpose.play
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/power.purpose.play/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8943313/
- Reach out to Kavita directly at: email@example.com for suggestions, or if you know someone with a story of reinvention