Be inspired as you listen to our next episode of The Midlife Reinvention, where Kavita Ahuja interviews the wonderful, Emily Barrosse. Emily’s passion in life is to share women’s stories to the world, and to empower them to be their best, bold selves. As Emily so eloquently describes, its important to share our stories, for all the world to learn from.
Emily Barrosse is the founder and CEO of Bold Story Press, a unique hybrid publishing house for women authors who want to share their stories with the world.
Emily spent the first 32 years of her career in the publishing industry. As Vice President and Editor in Chief at McGraw-Hill, she transformed the sluggish culture into a competitive, hungry, growth-driven business. Fueled by explosive creativity, her division quadrupled signings of new books with innovative content for the future.
In 2002, Emily published Greg Mankiw’s Principles of Economics, the single most successful first edition college textbook ever published. The innovative editorial and marketing strategy she designed and led resulted in record-breaking sales and profits.
You can find Emily here:
Here are Emily’s key takeaways:
- Confidence is a muscle that you can develop. It doesn’t matter if you succeed or fail, taking even the smallest action builds that confidence muscle.
- Stop with the people pleasing and stop thinking its your job to look after everyone else.
- Perfectionism is a dangerous thing because you don’t put yourself out there for fear of failing
- The trick to doing anything in life is to not give up and find your way around “No”. Work at that goal because you can do it
- Take an inventory of what you love to do and ask yourself – how can I make a living doing that?
- To rediscover your true calling ask yourself – What do I love to do? What do I not love to do? What are my skills? Allow yourself to brainstorm – its a good start
- The world would be a better place if women’s voices were 50% of the conversation across the board in the world.
- Achieving our dreams and goal in life – it’s important. And sharing your story is also important.
- If I don’t do it now, will I ever do it?
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review. Share with your friends – it means the world to us!
- Read Kavita’s latest article here: https://www.anokhilife.com/work-life-capturing-your-mid-life-magic-a-step-by-step-process-to-rediscovering-your-true-calling
- Sign up for our free community at: https://powerpurposeplay.ca/contact-us/
- Join our private Facebook Group, Power Purpose Play Global: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345142570007158
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/power.purpose.play
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/power.purpose.play/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8943313/
- Reach out to Kavita directly at: email@example.com for suggestions, or if you know someone with a story of reinvention