06 Jul Carolyn Ray: On Women and Solo Travel
Enjoy this conversation with Carolyn Ray. Her passion for travel and living life on purpose is so real and motivating. I love her passion for building communities of women and empowering women to be the change agents in the world. Visit https://journeywoman.com/ to understand the importance of travel and how we can live a life of purpose anywhere we are in the world.
Carolyn has over 25 years of experience leading communications and marketing firms as CEO of Interbrand, and launching her own firm AUTHENTICA, to help organizations lead with authenticity.
A passionate traveler, at age 50, Carolyn sold, donated and auctioned everything she owned to travel full-time after a transformative trip to Kenya with her daughter. In 2019, Carolyn was invited to acquire JourneyWoman, the beloved women’s travel publication founded in 1994 by the late Evelyn Hannon to help women travel safely and well. With the support of Evelyn’s family, Carolyn has re-energized JourneyWoman, focusing on women’s empowerment through travel.
You can find Carolyn here:
Here are her key takeaways:
- How do you take that sentiment when you go on trips and make it mean something when you come home? You can snap back into your regular life or you can be more intentional in the way that you live your life and make decisions with more of a purpose .
- Solo travel can be scary. Try making a list of all the things that scare you and attempt to conquer each item on that list. We’ve all been there, and if you’ve got fears you’re not alone.
- Just take one step, think of one thing that you can start with , whatever you’re comfortable with. It becomes cumulative.
- It doesn’t really matter what age you are, we all have a lot of things that connect us. It’s so important to reach out to people everyday.
- We have choices. You don’t have to get up every time to re-engage in the fight . You can choose yourself.
- An exercise we all should do is to ask ourselves what is my purpose, values, and how do I live a life in support of those values? We don’t get a second shot here. This is our time as women to lead the way on this
- Must do’s : 1) Northern Lights 2) Walking the Camino 3) Going to Bali 4) Machu Picchu in Peru 5) Canadian Rockies 6) Antarctica
- Travel is a wonderful mindset on how you view life. When you look at things through a lens of curiosity it changes the way that you look at everything in your life.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review. Share with your friends – it means the world to us!
- Read Kavita’s latest article here: https://www.anokhilife.com/work-life-capturing-your-mid-life-magic-a-step-by-step-process-to-rediscovering-your-true-calling
- Sign up for our free community at: https://powerpurposeplay.ca/contact-us/
- Join our private Facebook Group, Power Purpose Play Global: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345142570007158
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/power.purpose.play
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/power.purpose.play/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8943313/
- Reach out to Kavita directly at: email@example.com for suggestions, or if you know someone with a story of reinvention